Publications and Articles
- Attitudes towards the outgroup are predicted by activity in the precuneus in Arabs and Israelis - Emile Bruneau
- Oxytocin increases empathy to pain when adopting the other- but not the self-perspective - Ahmad Abu-Akel
- Putting Neuroscience to work for Peace - Emile Bruneau
- Can Empathy be Taught?
- The Very Unrecognizability of the Other: Edith Stein, Judith Butler, and the Pedagogical Challenge of Empathy-Polina Kukar
- The Empathy Quotient: a cross-cultural comparison of the Italian version- Antonia Preti, Marcello Vellante, Simon Baron-Cohen, Giulia Zucca, Donatella Rita Petretto, and Carmelo Masala
- Why It Pays to Get Inside the Head of Your Opponent: The Differential Effects of Perspective Taking and Empathy in Negotiations - Adam D Galinsky, William A. Maddux, Debra Gilin, and Judith B. White.
- Social cognition in members of conflict groups: behavioural and neural responses in Arabs, Israelis and South Americans to each other's misfortunes Emile G. Bruneau, Nicholas Dufour, Rebecca Saxe
- Their pain gives us pleasure: How intergroup dynamics shape empathic failures and counter-empathic responses M. Cikara a ,E.Bruneau b , J.J. Van Bavel c , R. Saxe
- Parochial empathy predicts reduced altruism and the endorsement of passive harm- Bruneau EG, Cikara M, Saxe R
- Empathic control through coordinated interaction of amygdala, theory of mind and extended pain matrix brain regions - Bruneau, E., Jacoby, N., & Saxe, R.
- The power of being heard: The benefits of ‘perspective-giving’ in the context of intergroup conflict.- Bruneau, E., & Saxe, R.
- Us and them intergroup failures of empathy - Cikara, M., Bruneau, E.G., & Saxe, R.R.
- Do Adults with High Functioning Autism or Asperger Syndrome Differ in Empathy and Emotion Recognition? - C Montgomery, C Allison, M-C Lai, S Cassidy, P Langdon, S Baron-Cohen
- Dissociation between cognitive and affective empathy in youth with Asperger Syndrome - P. Rueda, P. Fernández-Berrocal, S. Baron-Cohen
- Individual differences in brain structure underpin empathizing–systemizing cognitive styles in male adults - Murphy, John Suckling, E T Bullmore, MRC AIMS Consortium, S Baron-Cohen
- From Dehumanization and Objectification, to Rehumanization: Neuroimaging Studies on the Building Blocks of Empathy - Susan T. Fiske
The erosion of empathy | Simon Baron Cohen | TEDxHousesofParliament
Empathy in Conflict Resolution
How to start an empathy revolution: Roman Krznaric at TEDxAthens 2013
Brené Brown on Empathy
The Power of Empathy: Helen Riess at TEDxMiddlebury
The Leakey Podcast- Episode 18: Empathy
- Empathy Quotient: psychology-tools.com/empathy-quotient/
- Empathy Quizz: greatergood.berkeley.edu/quizzes/take_quiz/empathy